Thursday, January 29, 2015

Future Plans


What I found interesting about the Art Institute was that their programs allow their students to go right into their field of study without having to waste time with general education class that are not relevant to them. I wish more colleges did that, or at least were a little more lenient. Something else that I found interesting was that there is an Art Institute in St. Louis. My uncle and step-aunt live up there and I've always loved that city. For college, I didn't want to be too far from home or go to a private, expensive college. But with an Art Institute in St. Louis, it doesn't seem that far-fetched.
A question that I do have about it is switching majors. I wonder how easy or difficult it would be to explore more majors, and if you were to change, how much would you catch up? Or would it be like starting over?
One year from now, I hope to be settled in with college. I don't expect to know exactly what I want to do with a career, but I would think I would have a better idea than what I have now. In five years, I should have my degree in something, given that nothing dramatic or life changing happens. In 10 years, I think I would have a stable career, making friends and living on my own. I might still be school, depending on what I want to study. In 50 years, I hope to be retired. I would be such a cute little old lady, making crochet and learning all the things I wanted to but didn't have the time to. Like French, the flute, guitar, German. Maybe traveling the world in a very relaxed way, just really getting absorbed in the different cultures.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you have so many interests and that creativity plays into all of them. I don't know about switching majors at the Art Institutes, but my best friend in college at Drury switched hers several times. She did 5 years and came out with a double major in Art and Business with minors in French, Art History and Architecture, I think. I suppose it all depends on how much time (and money) you're willing to part with.

    ReplyDelete