Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dream a Little Dream



     


     When I was little, my mom always encouraged me to talk about my dreams. I guess to see if I was doing okay mentally or in my subconscious or whatever. I do think that dreams can mean things, and usually you can tell if a certain dream holds a lot of meaning or if it’s a load of random thoughts. For example, if someone has a nightmare about a serial killer in a movie they just watched, it mostly likely just the mind trying to process the memory. But if it is a nightmare that they haven’t heard of from a story or movie, then it most likely their subconscious trying to tell them something. Often I find that dream interpretation books and websites can have mixed results, but sometimes you can easily interpret them on your own.
     Like with the video we watched in class about embracing the Shadow, I think that if you try to analyze your dreams as well as nightmares, it can remind you to take care of yourself or to get things in order. I think the mind uses dreams as a way to make sense of new information and to problem solve. And when a nightmare comes a long, it’s your mind telling you to take a step back and tackle a problem. If the problem or Shadow is ignored for too long, I think it becomes a reoccurring nightmare and the problem remains unsolved. If you know when to listen to your dreams and then work to solve the problem, things like lucid dreaming and soul travel are easier.

1 comment:

  1. I remember my son telling me about a dream he'd had one night when he was pretty young...something about a crafty raccoon feeding me some berries that made me forget my son existed. It really bothered him. I agree that listening to the signals your brain/heart is sending you--whether in dreaming or waking life--is essential.

    ReplyDelete