Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dream Marks


The hills and valleys
On my sheets and in my life
Need a good washing

Fluff the pillow and
Make the bed; one step closer
to understanding

To me, it looks like a pillow case slipping off of its pillow. I imagine that the person who owns it doesn't sleep well. The pillow seems lumpy and old enough to be from the person's childhood. I think the owner is too busy and scrambled to take the time to wash it and fluff it out. The striped pattern reminds me of my favorite sheets with the same pattern, but with brown and beige stripes.
This drawing really makes me appreciate how hard it is to draw fabric. The folds and shadows look so natural, and that's really difficult to do.

1 comment:

  1. Your first haiku conjures sleepless nights when I think of all the things--big and small--I need and want to do to get my life on track.

    ReplyDelete