Monday, March 30, 2015

Painting Poems


 For some time I'd been trying to find
Something beautiful to say to you

It used to be I'd do anything
But lately I've done nothing

And as our days turn to years gone by
I found that I am moving on

You've  heard the words I've spoken
Like a record, dusty, broken 

Still I'd always forget how warm my heart is
Until you hold it in your hands
 





I
am a goddess
     among men
I
am a force
     to be trifled with
This is 
My patience
     and fury
Does no one
     believe me?
Just give me
     the words
     you've been preaching 

1 comment:

  1. That first poem really speaks to me...makes me think of how I often deprive others of that warmth you mention in the last lines, going about my day without taking the time to find "something beautiful to say" to people I really love.

    ReplyDelete