Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Teachers + Music


I asked Sensei (Mrs. Holcomb) questions about music. Her responses were surprising considering that she makes up songs for her classes a lot of the time. But at the same time, they were not unexpected.

The most shocking answer was that Sensei listens to country stations in the car. That's something I wouldn't expect. She also said that she never sings in the car. And I wouldn't either if I only listened to country music. In the car, I keep it on stations that play older songs with lots of variety, and if I know just a little bit of it, I'll sing the whole thing.

The music Sensei said she'd refuse to listen to and was controversial was Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga. I find this funny because these are two artists that I really like. I like them because they are really theatrical, and I think that could be reason, too, why Sensei doesn't like them.

Bands that remind Sensei of her childhood are Sayonara Bus and Yuzu. I haven't heard any of their songs, but I think I would like them. Sensei said that she really liked these bands because they sang about the simple and happy things in life, and I like upbeat music.

1 comment:

  1. "Theatrical" is a great way to describe Lady Gaga...everywhere she goes and not just on stage! This line made me laugh: "She also said that she never sings in the car. And I wouldn't either if I only listened to country music."

    ReplyDelete